Gartner Names Microsoft a Leader in Enterprise Low-Code Application Platforms
The Gartner Magic Quadrant recognizes Microsoft’s vision and execution on strategy as a low-code application platform vendor.
By 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity.
As part of the broader Microsoft Power Platform, PowerApps is a low-code, high productivity application platform that empowers both citizen developers and professional developers.
Now everyone across your business can easily build custom apps, automate workflows, and analyze data for insights with Microsoft Power Platform. Improve productivity across your business with an integrated application platform that combines Power BI, PowerApps, and Microsoft Flow.
There is growing demand for high-productivity and low-code platforms like PowerApps to accelerate internal app development. This demand is driven by:
- The growing need for consumer-grade mobile and web apps to rapidly transform business
- A push for tighter collaboration between IT and business teams
- Need for advanced governance and security to stay compliant
By 2024, three-quarters of large enterprises will be using at least four low-code development tools for both IT application development and citizen development initiatives.
The entire Power Platform sets itself apart through integration with Azure services; built-in AI features; enterprise-grade security and reporting; connections to 280+ data sources across Microsoft and third parties; and the ability to customize and extend Office 365, and Dynamics 365.
Highlighted Strengths of Power Platform
- Simple tooling with canvas apps that employ a drag-and-drop approach that is well-suited for citizen developers and business developers. Many customers report among the fastest production deployment times for apps, with many as fast as one month.
- Product strategy that integrates innovative features like AI and Azure services. This year the platform added a low-code AI Builder for including machine learning and vision AI capabilities in applications and workflows.
- Integration of the platform with Dynamics 365, and enhanced enterprise-grade capabilities such as server-side logic, business processes, advanced security, and professional developer support.
- Customer experience with customers indicating satisfaction with the overall experience, service and support, and overall product capabilities.
See the full report from Gartner here, including the graphic below:
Want to learn more about Power Platform? Watch our demo and see how to build a new process using Power Platform. Imagine what’s possible in your own world.