10 Things Every Skype Administrator Should Know
During Microsoft Ignite in Chicago this spring I was fortunate to attend a great presentation by Anthony Caragol, one of a hand-full of Lync/Skype for Business MVPs when he shared his “Top 10″ list with a group of administrators and managers. Anthony came up with the list after “doing tons of implementations” of Lync and watching some succeed and some struggle.
Anthony’s Top 10 List:
- If you decide to virtualize, do so with great care – remember, this is real-time media
- Got QoS? You had better plan on it from end-to-end of your network.
- Not all back-ups are created equal.
- Plan your E911 strategy (while you still can)
- Session Border Controller – your key to security and future flexibility
- Understand what you are replacing
- Don’t overlook User Adoption – a lot of hard work may go to waste
- Management Shell Scripts – the window to hidden features
- Monitor everything – or risk being surprised
- Devices – Qualified or Optimized only, please
- BONUS: Build a test bench and rehearse a full recovery on the bench. “You don’t want to be Googling”
Watch Anthony’s presentation:
SWC Unified Communication Services
To learn more Skype for Business, email one of our technical experts or call 630.572.0240.
This article, “10 Things Every Skype for Business Administrator Should Know,” originally appeared online at TelecomReseller.com.