BDO USA, LLP Expands Advisory Services Practice Through Addition of SWC Technology Partners, LLC
IT Consulting Firm with 215 Staff Now a Subsidiary of BDO
BDO USA, LLP, one of the nation’s leading accounting and advisory firms, today announced that it has completed an expansion of its advisory services practice through the acquisition of SWC Technology Partners, LLC, an award-winning provider of IT solutions to middle market businesses throughout the Midwest. Based in Oak Brook, Illinois, SWC has provided clients with technology solutions that optimize productivity, strengthen customer relationships, enhance data sharing, and drive profitability for more than 30 years. The transaction brings 9 principals and 215 total staff to BDO’s advisory practice.
We are extremely pleased to add the impressive resources of SWC Technology Partners to our advisory services practice. Like BDO, SWC has been a valued business advisor to middle market businesses for many years, providing technology solutions that match the needs of midmarket organizations. In adding SWC, which has more than 400 clients, we’ve added a well-established, regional player that we can build into a market leading national platform.
– Jay Duke, National Managing Partner for Advisory Services at BDO USA
SWC specializes in the technology solutions that match the needs of midmarket organizations, including managed services, data analytics, cloud computing and custom application development. This encompasses infrastructure solutions such as unified communications, enterprise networking, directory services, and network security; and software solutions including Microsoft Office 365, business intelligence, mobile and CRM development.
For the last 35 years, we’ve helped leading middle market companies innovate, transform and grow by harnessing information technology to meet their business needs. By joining BDO, a leading national brand with expansive global resources, we will have a wider platform and more delivery channels to continue building upon our success. BDO’s entrepreneurial culture and the firm’s well-earned reputation as an outstanding workplace fits well with our own. Our people will now have more opportunities to serve a broader client base and to grow their careers.
– Bob Knott, BDO principal and President of SWC Technology Partners
Bob Knott, Adam Ferguson, Aaron Bianchetta, Ben Brock, Bob Compere, Susie Cummings, Michael Lee, Ric Opal and Aaron Selle are the new principals joining BDO from SWC. SWC Technology Partners will operate as a wholly-owned subsidiary of BDO USA, with all current personnel operating from their existing office in Oak Brook, Illinois and satellite office in Indianapolis, Indiana.
SWC Technology Partners
SWC Technology Partners has been recognized as an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company in America, a Built in Chicago Top 100 Digital Tech Company and a Microsoft Midwest Partner of the Year. Like BDO USA, SWC has been recognized by numerous business and industry publications for its workplace accomplishments, this includes Crain’s Chicago Business Best Places to Work, Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplaces and Chicago’s Top 100 Best & Brightest Companies.
- Over the past five years, BDO USA’s cumulative growth rate has far outpaced all other major U.S. accounting firms, with revenues more than doubling from $618 million in 2012 to $1.41 billion in 2017. During that time, BDO entered 24 new U.S. cities and expanded its critical mass in 13 existing markets.
- BDO represents companies ranging from closely-held private businesses to leading nonprofits to Fortune 500 multinationals.
- BDO USA has industry practices specialized in serving businesses in the construction, energy, financial institutions, asset management, government contracting, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, nonprofit, private equity, real estate, restaurant, retail and technology sectors.
- BDO has been named a Best Company by Working Mother Magazine for seven consecutive years and been recognized with the When Work Works Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility for eight consecutive years.
- BDO has more than 60 offices and more than 550 independent alliance firm locations around the country.
- BDO USA has been serving clients for more than 100 years since its founding in 1910 (as Seidman & Seidman).
- As an independent member of BDO International Limited, the firm can leverage the resources of more than 73,000 people in 1,500 offices across 162 countries.
About BDO USA
BDO is the brand name for BDO USA, LLP, a U.S. professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies. For more than 100 years, BDO has provided quality service through the active involvement of experienced and committed professionals. The firm serves clients through more than 60 offices and over 500 independent alliance firm locations nationwide. As an independent Member Firm of BDO International Limited, BDO serves multi-national clients through a global network of more than 73,000 people working out of 1,500 offices across 162 countries.
BDO USA, LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership, is the U.S. member of BDO International Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of the international BDO network of independent member firms. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms. For more information please visit: www.bdo.com.